Friday, September 6, 2019

Highlights from Week 2 (Week of 9/3/19)

We had an amazing second week of first grade!!  It was full of many fun things including math activities, learning social cognition concepts, doing an "All About Me" project, reviewing and practicing "read to self", trying out different flexible seating options, and more!  See some highlights below!


We talked about reading, and how important it is to do "read to self" every day.  We read some great books, got to use our new book bins, and got to work practicing our reading! 

















We read a great and classic story called The Little Engine That Could by Watty Piper.  We learned that a great way to help ourselves get through something that might feel hard is to say "I think I can, I think I can, I think I can..."













We did some counting games with tens frames and played a bingo game called "Plus One or Two".











We learned about "The Group Plan" and practiced it by making some block towns!








It was a wonderful week with wonderful children!!!  I can't wait for Week 3!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment